Looking for an internship? Berklee Institute for Creative Entrepreneurship (BerkleeICE) intern-fellowships are sponsored internships that pair highly gifted Berklee undergraduate and graduate students with select employers in the new media, creative, and technology industries.
Think Outside the Stage
Many recognize Berklee as a world leader in producing successful performers, producers, film scorers, and music industry professionals, but Berklee graduates also hold key leadership positions in companies like Apple, Red Bull, Coca-Cola, and Google X. Why? Thinking like a musician makes you much more likely to be a creative problem solver and a great collaborator with excellent empathy skills.
"Musicians naturally think and behave in a way that encourages creativity and innovation." —Alex Olsen, music business/management major
If selected, you will be offered an internship grant by BerkleeICE to intern full-time for eight to twelve weeks at chosen companies. Internship grant amounts support living expenses—and will vary depending on whether or not the internship is paid—not to exceed $1500 per month and/or $5000 total.
Students are encouraged to search and apply for their own internship placements on the Berklee Career Manager. BerkleeICE will also facilitate internship placements with a small cohort of select employers, where you will work directly with senior-level staff within a company, contributing to impactful projects.
Berklee undergraduate and graduate students from all majors may apply.
Internships can run any semester. You may still apply if you have already secured an internship as long as it meets the following program criteria:
- The employer is a nontraditional music industry company;
- The position is full-time (35-40 hours per week); and
- The position runs eight to twelve weeks.
Note: The program is offered on both a for-credit and not-for-credit basis.
How to Apply
- The application form asks you to submit a two-minute pitch video, name two references (faculty, chair, or dean), and highlight your relevant experience, skills, and strengths.
- If selected, BerkleeICE will match you and other candidates with each employer.
- The employer will review your materials and rèsumé and conduct a round of interviews before making a final decision.