The mission of the Film Scoring Department at Berklee College of Music is to offer a unique opportunity for students to learn the art, craft, and tools of scoring for a variety of media, with a professionally active and respected faculty that provides a comprehensive and innovative curriculum.
To achieve this mission, the Film Scoring Department will:
- teach the rich history and traditions of the field while encouraging diverse new practices and directions.
- train students to compose using traditional ensembles and the rapidly evolving technology that together make up the language of modern scores.
- guide students to create using their own unique artistic voice within a collaborative endeavor.
- introduce students to the rich, diverse community of scoring professionals and prepare them to navigate the realities of a scoring career.
- inspire students to be self-starters and lifelong learners.
- prepare students to excel in both current and future interactive, immersive art forms that incorporate music.
- empower students to shape the future of the art, bringing diverse perspectives and as-yet unheard sounds to life.
See a video overview of the film scoring major:
For further information about the Film Scoring Department, please email email@example.com or call 617-747-2440.