Plan Your Trip
The International Alliance for Women in Music (IAWM) and Feminist Theory and Music 15 (FT&M15) Conference will be held at Berklee's campus in Boston, Massachusetts. Berklee is conveniently located in Boston's Back Bay, with great restaurants, shopping, museums, Symphony Hall, and many other amenities all within a short walking distance. For help planning your trip to Berklee, please refer to the information below.
All major airlines serve the Boston metropolitan area at Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS).
By Bus or Train
Berklee's campus is located a few blocks from Back Bay Station, one of the city's largest transportation hubs. It serves the rapid transit and commuter rail lines, local and regional bus lines, and national Amtrak and Acela train lines.
Other major transportation hubs in Boston, including North Station and South Station, also offer connections to local and national modes of transport. Berklee can be reached from these locations easily by use of the MBTA rapid transit rail line system.
Known colloquially as the T, Boston’s rapid transit train and subway system serves the Greater Boston area via a series of branch lines called the Blue, Orange, Red, Silver, and Green Lines. The Green Line stops closest to Berklee at Hynes Convention Center, with entrances at 100 Massachusetts Avenue and 360 Newbury Street. Each ride on the T costs $2.75, no matter the direction or length of your journey. (Note: if you purchase a CharlieCard, the price is discounted $.50 per ride.)
Network Name: Open-Berklee
The Berklee Cafeteria at 160 Massachusetts Avenue is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For those who have selected the meal plan option, you will be given five meal tickets that can be used for any meal of your choice.
Dining Hall Hours on Weekdays:
- 8:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. for breakfast
- 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. for lunch
- 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. for dinner
Dining Hall Hours on Weekends:
- 8:00 a.m.–9:30 a.m. for a catered breakfast Saturday and Sunday in the 160 Massachusetts Avenue cafeteria, third floor, for those with a meal plan (ticket required)
- 10:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m. for brunch
- 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. for dinner
The IAWM and FT&M15 Conference will take place at the following locations:
- Conference registration Thursday, June 6: 921 Boylston Street, (First floor reception area)
- Conference registration Thursday, June 7-9: 160 Massachusetts Avenue, (First floor reception area)
- Conference headquarters: 161 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 240
- Cafeteria: 160 Massachusetts Avenue, second and third floors
- Performance venues:
- David Friend Recital Hall, 921 Boylston Street (Opening Plenary and Concert)
- The Loft, 921 Boylston Street, 3rd floor (Opening Reception)
- Red Room at Cafe 939, 939 Boylston Street
- Berk Recital Hall, 1140 Boylston Street, Room 1A
- Oliver Colvin Recital Hall, 1140 Boylston Street, Room 1W
- Ensemble/rehearsal rooms, library, classrooms: 150 Massachusetts Avenue
If you are interested in finding out more information, please fill out the Childcare Coordination Form.
There are nursing rooms located in several buildings around campus. These rooms also contain diaper changing tables and water heaters for milk and formula. Nursing rooms may be found at the following locations:
161 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 201
1126 Boylston Street, Level 2, Room 206
150 Massachusetts Avenue, Room B7
855 Boylston Street, Level 3, Room 342