150 Massachusetts Avenue (two-hour reservations):
This includes 130 Massachusetts Avenue practice rooms.
- 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. weekdays
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. weekends
1108 Boylston Street (two-hour reservations):
- 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. daily
25 Fordham Road (2-hour 15-minute reservations):
- 4:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. weekdays
- 12:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. weekends
1140 Boylston Street (two-hour reservations):
- 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. daily
171 Massachusetts Avenue (two-hour reservations):
Piano performance majors may reserve recurring practice time for the semester during check-in week. Only approved Hammond players and students taking Hammond organ labs may use the organ rooms. The organ rooms are reserved at 171 Massachusetts Avenue.
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. weekdays
- 12:00 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. weekends
Berklee College of Music is committed to helping students realize their full potential regardless of physical, learning, or psychological disabilities. The college complies with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The Disability Services staff in the Counseling & Advising Center offer students with physical, learning, health, and psychiatric disabilities a wide array of supports to foster participation in, and enjoyment of, musical and educational opportunities, develop and maintain independence, and facilitate equal educational opportunities. These supports include access to classrooms, services, programs, and events at Berklee.
Students must provide appropriate documentation to the Counseling & Advising Center that supports their disability and the accommodations requested. Accommodations are provided on an individual, case-by-case basis, as the needs of students with disabilities vary. Academic accommodations at Berklee College of Music include priority access to ADA-compliant instrumental practice rooms.
Priority access to practice rooms is coordinated by the Counseling and Advising Center and facilitated by the front desk staff at 150 Massachusetts Avenue or the front desk staff at the 25 Fordham Road rehearsal facility.
Practice rooms at Berklee are “first-come, first-serve,” generally with a maximum reservation period of two hours. Accommodation requests for accessible practice rooms are granted priority access to the next available accessible practice room.
Accessible Practice Facilities
Accessible practice facilities are available in the following locations:
- 150 Massachusetts Avenue
- 160 Massachusetts Avenue (residence hall)
- 1108 Boylston Street
- 25 Fordham Road
All practice rooms are reserved exclusively for use by current Berklee students. It will be assumed that any person who cannot produce a valid Berklee ID card is a not a Berklee student and does not have a right to use these facilities.
Piano performance majors may reserve time in specific practice rooms on a semester basis. To sign up for a reserved time, report to the Piano Department during check-in week. The 171 Massachusetts Avenue facility is reserved for currently enrolled piano principals only. Only approved Hammond users or those currently taking Hammond organ labs may use Hammond organ rooms. The 171 rooms include room 153 as well as room A17 at 1108 Boylston Street. Students must go to the 171 front desk to reserve these rooms.
The college is not responsible for instruments or other personal items left unattended in practice or rehearsal rooms.
Policies and Procedures:
- Practice rooms are for the exclusive use of enrolled students with a valid Berklee ID card.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Berklee buildings.
- Food and drink are prohibited.
- Practice room windows must remain uncovered for security purposes.
- Personal items should not be left in the practice rooms. Berklee College of Music is not responsible for instruments or other personal items left unattended.
- Intentional damage to rooms or instruments may be cause for disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal from the college.