Berklee College of Music and MidemRethink Music: Creativity, Commerce, and Policy in the 21st Century
Please see the full events listing for upcoming events.
With support from the Berkman Center for Internet and Society and Harvard Business School, Berklee and Midem present Rethink Music, an innovative event that will bring together creators, academics, and industry professionals to examine the business and rights challenges facing the music industry in the digital era and formulate solutions to promote the creation and distribution of new music and other creative works.
Join us in Boston for:
- An interview with the head of Warner Recorded Music, Lyor Cohen
- An interactive discourse with some of today's most technology-savvy and business-innovative artists: Amanda Palmer, Ben Folds, and Damian Kulash of OK Go
- A discussion by representative John Conyers, ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee about the future of copyright law
- Panel conversations about new business models
- Presentations of policy proposals and artist case studies
- Briefing books including research and white papers from industry executives
- An award of $50,000 to the best new music business model
- Networking receptions and private evening entertainment from artists including Ben Folds, Amanda Palmer, Basia Bulat, and Nikki Yanofsky, followed by an exclusive after-party
- Appearances by unannounced special guests
- Much, much more