Berklee Summer Concert SeriesBerklee Monterey Quintet
Please see the full events listing for upcoming events.
Each fall, Berklee chooses its finest students to perform at the Monterey Jazz Festival, where they perform to standing-room-only audiences. Led by guitarist Roy Guzman, the group featured here performed at the festival in 2007, and are already highly sought after, with dozens of professional credits, major awards, and concerts. The Berklee Monterey Quintet features:
- Roy Guzman, guitar, also a composer and the group's leader, is from Cupey, Puerto Rico and has been a part of the growing jazz scene of the San Juan's metropolitan area since he was 16
- Billy Buss, trumpet, winner of two Down Beat Student Music Awards for Outstanding Performance/Soloist
- Greg Chaplin, bass, selected as bassist for the Gibson/Baldwin Grammy Jazz Combo, where he played with Phil Woods, James Moody, McCoy Tyner, Patti Austin, and others
- Michael Sachs, saxophone, attending Berklee on a full tuition scholarship
- Mark Whitfield Jr., drums, performer at the JVC Jazz Festival, the Newport Jazz Festival, and the Kennedy Center