Documentary Film Screening of "American Meat"
Please see the full events listing for upcoming events.
With director Graham Meriwether, composer Alison Plante, and additional Berklee composers. This private screening for the Berklee community is also the Boston-area premiere of this groundbreaking film. Free burritos from Chipotle will be available for the first 40 attendees, and following the film there will be a discussion with filmmaker Graham Meriwether, composer Alison Plante (assistant chair of Berklee's Film Scoring Department), and members of the Film Scoring Practicum class with whom she worked to score this feature-length documentary this past spring.
American Meat is a solutions-oriented, macroscopic documentary surveying the current state of the U.S. meat industry. It takes an even-handed look at animal husbandry with no graphic or disturbing images. The film explains how America arrived at our current industrial system, and shows you current farming practices not through hidden cameras but through the eyes of the farmers who live and work there. From there, it introduces the current revolution developing in animal husbandry, led by the charismatic and passionate Joel Salatin. You'll meet tens of farmers across the country who have changed their lives to start grass-based farms, and learn everyday, tangible solutions that people can take to change agriculture in America.
American Meat credits include:
- Original music by Alison Plante, Film Scoring assistant chair
- Additional music by Berklee students Jason Akers, Michael Hurwitz, Isaac Owen Richardson, and Bryan Ricker, and Berklee alumnus Daniel Adam Zimmerman
- Additional orchestration by Berklee student Norman Kim
- Music recording and mixing by Berklee staff Fred Mueller and Scott C. Martin
- Band: Guitar and dobro, Mason Daring (Berklee faculty); bass, Mario Carrillo Caro (Berklee student); drums, Justin Conway (Berklee student); piano, April Thomas (Berklee staff and alum); fiddle, Bronwyn Keith-Hynes (Berklee student); mandolin, Eric Robertson (Berklee student)