Billboard Onboard on Holland America Line!
• Seeking singing pianists
Saturday, September 19, 2015
921 Boylston Street, Boston MA
Musical excerpts will be provided with audition confirmation
Auditions may last up to 30 minutes
Conducted by Windish Music & Productions
Opportunity: Seeking advanced singing pianists to perform on board Holland America Line’s fleet of luxury ships, the ms Eurodam, the ms Oosterdam, and the brand new ms Koningsdam, as part of an exciting new onboard live music venue, Billboard Onboard. Musicians will perform a traditional dueling piano activity nightly and create a new and interactive musical experience using 50 years of Billboard’s timeless and iconic music charts.
Qualifications: Extremely high level of musicianship and showmanship as a vocalist and pianist. Must have extensive knowledge and performance experience in chart-topping hit songs from the past 50-60 years.
Compensation: $1,200 – $1,500 per week, based upon skill level and experience. Musicians will have guest status. Travel, onboard meals, and single cabin provided.
Dates: Rehearsals in NYC begin in October 2015. 3-4 month contracts begin in January 2016*.
*must be 21+ by start of contract
• Bring a printed list of popular top-40 songs for which you are proficient.
• Prepare at least ONE musical excerpt for EACH of the following musical categories. It does not have to be the full song, just a short portion of each:
- Great American Songbook Standards: Sinatra, Nat King Cole, or songs by Cole Porter, Gershwin, etc.
- "Piano Men" examples: Billy Joel, Elton John, Ben Folds, etc.
- Classic Rock from the 70's
- Classic Rock from the 80's
- Current Pop Hits released within the past 10 years: Pop, R&B, Rock
- Requests: We will ask for varied song excerpts in addition to learn about each individual's current repertoire