Perform on board with MSC Cruises!
Info Session: Learn about life on board
Tuesday, September 15, 2015 • 3:00 pm
Steve Heck Room, 1140 Boylston St., 1st fl
Tuesday-Sunday, September 15-20, 2015
Weekdays 7:00pm-9:00pm, Weekends 9:00am-4:00pm
Location TBD on campus
(See audition requirements below)
Positions available beginning October/November 2015:
Positions available for future employment opportunities:
• Soloists (any instrument)
• Musical Groups (up to quintets)
If you are unable to audition in person, please submit your audition video online (see audition requirements below):
(Note: Please trust the website to be able to upload your files)
Audition Requirements (Soloists: please bring backing tracks or your own piano accompanist):
• 2-3 minutes of any traditional Jazz standard of your choosing. Short improvisation.
• 2-3 minutes of any Latin standard of your choosing. Short improvisation.
• 2-3 minutes of any Brazilian standard of your choosing. Short improvisation.
1 Pre-1980 Hit
• 2-3 minutes of any classic hit of your choosing. (e.g. Stevie Wonder, Elton John, etc.)
1 Post-2008 Hit
• 2-3 minutes of any modern hit of your choosing. (e.g. Daft Punk’s Lucky, Pharrell’s Happy, Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, etc.)
1 Short Musical Test
• 5 minutes. Candidate might be asked to sight read and/or listen to a song and try to reproduce it to the best of their ability after given a few minutes with their instrument.
1 Short Interview
• 2-3 minutes. A few questions to get to know the candidate/band better musically and personally as well as getting administrative information. Additionally, we ask the candidate/band to provide us with a sample list of their general repertoire.
Auditions may last up to 30 minutes. A CD player, piano, drum set, and amplifiers will be provided on-site. Please bring your own drum sticks or guitar/bass cables.