Ensemble Room Reservations
We currently have 13 ensemble rooms in the 130, 136, and 150 Massachusetts Avenue complex available for use during the spring 2021 semester. (There are also three rooms in the Uchida building at 921 Boylston Street; however, these will not be available for spring.)
Reservation requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You can only reserve one rehearsal room or Fordham Road rehearsal room per day. You are able to reserve up to three days in advance. At 8:00 p.m. each evening, the system resets; for example, on Wednesday at 8:00 p.m., time slots on Saturday will become available for reservations.
Jump to the following:
Before reserving a room, it is very important that you are aware of the policies for spring 2021, and follow them closely. Failure to do so could result in not being allowed to use the facility, or even being fined by the state.
- You can reserve a room by logging into the reservation site. Watch a video tutorial on how to use the system.
- You must submit a daily symptom check and attestation form each time you have a reservation, on the day of your reservation, no more than four hours prior to arrival at the facility. Access to the facility will not be granted until this form is submitted.
- An email notification will be sent to you confirming your reservation.
Note: Rooms can only be claimed by the person who submitted the reservation. In order to maintain room accountability, other band members will not be allowed to claim the room.
Reserve Now (login required)
If you encounter any problems with the form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Facilities
|150 Massachusetts Avenue complex||6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.|
|Uchida Building (921 Boylston Street)||Closed||Closed|
Please see the equipment page for details.
Required Safety Protocols
- Social distancing must be strictly observed.
- Students must adhere to the room capacity shown when booking a room.
- Signs will clearly mark spacing for safely queuing to enter the building.
- The use of masks is required at all times, except as necessary (e.g., while singing or playing a wind or brass instrument) when you are in your designated space with the door closed. When you leave the space, you must put your mask back on.
- Proper personal hygiene practices must be followed, including the frequent washing of hands and use of hand sanitizer.
- Designated cleaning protocols for each space must be followed. This includes wiping all surfaces you touch and equipment you use before and after use. Sanitizing wipes and liquid will be provided.
- The protocols will be clearly posted in each space.
The following circumstances can lead to a one-week suspension* of practice room, rehearsal room, and equipment usage, unless otherwise noted:
- failure to cancel a reservation at least one hour in advance;
- failure to return borrowed equipment immediately after your rehearsal;
- failure to leave the room on time or properly check out. The "end time" of your reservation signifies the time you must exit and be checked out of the room.
- theft, abuse, or destruction of college property (reviewed on a case-by-case basis);
- mistreatment of Ensemble staff or student employees, and other students (reviewed on a case-by-case basis); and/or
- if you did not receive a room confirmation email** and fail to claim your room, you will still be suspended. It is your responsibility to confirm your reservation (you may call the Ensemble Department office to confirm if you did not receive a reservation email: extension x2122).
*The suspension period may vary depending on the severity of the infraction.
** If you did not receive a room confirmation email because your email inbox was full, and therefore you fail to claim your room, you will still be suspended. It is your responsibility to make sure your Berklee email account is in good standing.
Cancellations must be done at least one hour in advance. To cancel a room, use the link in the confirmation email. Failure to cancel in advance will result in the suspension of your reservation privileges for a week.
Please arrive five minutes before your reservation. If you are more than 10 minutes late, your room will be given to the next person on the waiting list and you'll be suspended.