Ensemble Room Reservations
We currently have 13 ensemble rooms in the 130, 136, and 150 Massachusetts Avenue complex and three rooms in the Uchida building at 921 Boylston Street available for students to sign out.
Reservation requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You can only reserve one rehearsal room or Fordham Road rehearsal room per day. You are able to reserve up to three days in advance. At 8:00 p.m. each evening, the system resets; for example, on Wednesday at 8:00 p.m., time slots on Saturday will become available for reservations.
Available Time Slots
|150 Massachusetts Avenue complex||6:00 p.m.–11:45 p.m.||12:00 p.m.–11:45 p.m.|
|Uchida Building (921 Boylston Street)||6:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.||CLOSED|
How to Reserve a Room
Read the policies below, then do the following:
- Reserve your rehearsal room online. (Watch this tutorial to see how it works.)
- An email confirmation will be sent to your Berklee email address. Save this email in case you need to cancel your reservation.
- To claim your room, bring your Berklee ID to the front desk at least five minutes before your reservation start time. If you are more than 10 minutes late, your room will be released.
Note: Rooms can only be claimed by the person who submitted the reservation. In order to maintain room accountability, other band members will not be allowed to claim the room.
If you encounter any problems with the form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following circumstances can lead to a one-week suspension of practice room, rehearsal room, and equipment usage, unless otherwise noted:
- Failure to cancel a reservation at least two hours in advance, thus not claiming your room at the start time*
- Being repeatedly more than 10 minutes late to claim your room. If you are 10 minutes late to claim your room, you will be considered a no-show, and your room will be given away to people on the waiting list.
- Failure to return borrowed equipment immediately after your rehearsal.
- Failure to leave the room on time or properly check out. The "end time" of your reservation signifies the time you must exit the room. This does not mean the time you stop playing. You must be packed and out of the room by the end of your reservation time.
- Theft, abuse, or negligence that causes damage to any college property (reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Mistreatment of Fordham Road staff or student employees and other students (reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Students with multiple infractions (reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
* If you did not receive a room confirmation email because your email inbox was full and therefore you fail to claim your room, you will still be suspended. It is your responsibility to make sure your Berklee email account is in good standing.
Cancellations must be done at least two hours in advance. To cancel a room, use the link in the confirmation email. Failure to cancel in advance will result in the suspension of your reservation privileges for a week.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your reservation. If you are more than 10 minutes late, your room will be given to the next person on the waiting list.
You can walk in and get on a waiting list for a rehearsal room at any time during open hours. Any canceled rooms as well as all rooms not claimed within 10 minutes of their start time will become available to the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis.