MTEC-111 Introduction to Music Technology: Online Test-Out
Please carefully read all of the instructions below if you plan to attempt this test-out exam to receive Credit by Exam (CBX) for the MTEC-111 course.
- This test is held three times a year: fall, spring and summer. If you pass this test-out, we will notify the registrar to drop your MTEC-111 course and give you CBX.
- If you fail the test-out, you must take MTEC-111 in order to graduate.
- Your test-out score will count only if you have never taken the MTEC-111 test-out before and have never taken and received a grade for the MTEC-111 course.
- There are 50 multiple-choice questions to attempt within 50 minutes, and you must get 40 correct answers to pass the test.
- To take the test-out, please go to this webpage. Note that the link will be open only during the next designated test period, which is from Saturday, January 9, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. to Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at 2:00 p.m. Please note that the test period closing time is absolute, i.e., if the test period closes on Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. and you start your attempt that day at 1:50 p.m., you will only have 10 minutes to answer questions before the system automatically closes and submits the answers that you have provided. For this reason, you should plan to start the exam well before the test period ends.
- Test results will be reviewed and you will be notified by email by Thursday, January 14, 2021. On that date, the registrar will award CBX to students who have successfully passed this test-out.
- To access ol.berklee.edu, you must have exercised the option to change your OnePass (login required) password at least once.
- We do not provide any study guide or material for this test as we expect students to pass the test only if they are already familiar with music technology and have retained the knowledge required to achieve a passing score. Students without the required knowledge should be taking the MTEC-111 Introduction to Music Technology course instead of cramming for the test and then forgetting everything.
- If you have any questions, please email the Electronic Production and Design Department coordinator at email@example.com.