MTEC-111 Introduction to Music Technology: Online Test-Out
Please carefully read all of the instructions below if you plan to attempt to receive credit-by-exam for the MTEC-111 course.
- If you pass this test-out, we will notify the registrar to drop you from MTEC-111 and give you credit-by-exam. To prepare for this exam, please rely on your existing knowledge and feel free to supplement that knowledge through use of our library resources.
- If you fail the test-out, you must take MTEC-111 in order to graduate.
- Your test-out score will count only if you have never taken the MTEC-111 test-out before and have never taken and received a grade for an MTEC-111 course.
- There are 50 multiple-choice questions to attempt within 50 minutes, and you must get 40 correct answers to pass the test.
- To take the test-out, please go to this web page. Note that the link will be open only during the next designated test period, which is from Saturday, August 26, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. to Wednesday, August 30, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. This test is for students entering Berklee in the fall. There will be another test in January for students entering Berklee in the spring. Please note that the test period closing time is absolute (i.e., if the test period closes on Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. and you start your attempt at 1:50 p.m., you would only have 10 minutes to answer questions before the system will automatically close and submit the answers that you have provided; for this reason, you should plan to start the exam well before the test period ends).
- Test results will be reviewed, and you will be notified by email on Thursday, August 31, 2017. On that date, the registrar will process student record updates for dropping MTEC-111 classes and will award credit-by-exam following this test-out.
- To access ol.berklee.edu, you must have exercised the option to change your OnePass [login required] password at least once.
- If you have any questions, please email Joe Lynn at email@example.com.