MTEC-111 Introduction to Music Technology: Online Test-Out
Please carefully read all of the instructions below if you plan to attempt this test-out exam to receive credit-by-exam for the MTEC-111 course.
- If you pass this test-out, we will notify the registrar to drop your MTEC-111 course and give you credit-by-exam. To prepare for this exam, please rely on your existing knowledge and feel free to supplement that knowledge through use of our library resources.
- If you fail the test-out, you must take MTEC-111 in order to graduate.
- Your test-out score will count only if you have never taken the MTEC-111 test-out before and have never taken and received a grade for the MTEC-111 course.
- There are 50 multiple-choice questions to attempt within 50 minutes, and you must get 40 correct answers to pass the test.
- To take the test-out, please go to this web page. Note that the link will be open only during the next designated test period, which is from Saturday, January 12, 2019, at 9:00 a.m. to Wednesday, January 16, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. This test is for students entering Berklee in the spring. There will be another test later for students entering Berklee in the fall. Please note that the test period closing time is absolute (i.e., if the test period closes on Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. and you start your attempt that day at 1:50 p.m., you will only have 10 minutes to answer questions before the system automatically closes and submits the answers that you have provided; for this reason, you should plan to start the exam well before the test period ends).
- Test results will be reviewed, and you will be notified by email on Thursday, January 17, 2019. On that date, the registrar will process student record updates for dropping MTEC-111 classes and will award credit-by-exam following this test-out.
- To access ol.berklee.edu, you must have exercised the option to change your OnePass [login required] password at least once.
- If you have any questions, please email Joe Lynn at email@example.com.