Valencia Campus Information
Berklee’s campus in Valencia is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Europe in coordination with the Berklee Valencia medical assistance team and the state health authority, Conselleria de Sanitat i Bienestar Public en la Comunitat Valenciana.
As of March 23, Berklee Valencia has transitioned to remote learning; note that no faculty or staff (unless formally designated as essential to day-to-day operations of campus) will be allowed on campus.
In an effort to contain the spread of the COVID-19, the Spanish Government, with the approval of the Spanish Congress, has extended the “state of alarm," declared on March 14, for another 15 days. The lockdown will continue until April 12. During the period of suspension, remote educational activity will continue.
Leaving personal residences will only be permitted in the following cases:
- Acquisition of food, medicine, and other essential goods
- Access to health care centers
- Transportation to workplaces
- Return transportation to habitual residences (this includes traveling to the airport for a flight home in the United States)
- Care of elderly people and those with some kind of dependency
- Transportation to financial institutions
The situation continues to change rapidly, so please continue to check Berklee Coronavirus (COVID-19) information page for the latest updates. Additional updates regarding the Valencia campus will be posted on the Valencia Public Safety Alerts page.
We recognize that commencement represents an important aspect of your graduate experience and a celebration of your efforts and achievements. After careful consideration of the circumstances, the decision around the 2020 graduation ceremonies will be made based on student feedback on the following options:
- A virtual ceremony in July 2020
- A commencement ceremony and concert in December 2020 (venues and time to be determined)
- A joint commencement ceremony and concert with the class of 2021 in July 2021
Students not able to attend the graduation in Valencia will be given the chance to take part in the Boston graduate programs' commencement ceremony in June 2021.
Technology Support for Learning and Teaching Remotely
If you need help installing and using platforms for remote courses (e.g., Zoom, Webex, Google Hangouts), please reach out to Berklee Valencia Academic Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach them for live support in real time via this Google Hangout meeting during these times:
- Monday–Thursday, 8:45 a.m.–8:45 p.m.
- Friday, 8:45 a.m.–6:45 p.m.