Music Technology Core
The music technology core, in combination with arranging, ear training, conducting, harmony, and tonal harmony and counterpoint courses, will provide you with a broad-based musical vocabulary, important skills for your major studies, and a well-rounded musical background. For those who feel that they already have a strong background in music technology, we provide an opportunity to test out of MTEC-111: Introduction to Music Technology.
You may try online sample questions from the Introduction to Music Technology exam.
Required of all students.
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Use their laptop, the wireless network, and an online learning management system to manage their course work;
- Configure and troubleshoot the basic MIDI and audio capabilities in a laptop music system;
- Identify and use different types of software electronic instruments;
- Record and edit audio using their laptop computer;
- Produce instrumental, electronic arrangements using music production software;
- Distribute their music productions using standard formats;
- Understand and use basic music technology terminology; and
- Recognize and discuss basic music production techniques.