Commencement | Graduation Guide
Graduation Guide: Directions to Matthews Arena
Transportation to the graduation concert and ceremony at Matthews Arena, Northeastern University
Parking is extremely limited at the Matthews Arena, and we do not want to encourage you and your guests to drive to the facility, only to find that there are no parking spaces available. That is why we are encouraging our graduates and their families to use the following options:
- Walk from Berklee: it takes less than 10 minutes to walk from the 150 Massachusetts Avenue building to Matthews Arena. Walk straight on Massachusetts Avenue, headed towards Symphony Hall, go past Symphony Hall, and make a right onto St. Botolph Street. The arena is on that first block, on your left.
- Take a trolley: the college will be providing complimentary, handicap-accessible bus service from the 1140 Boylston Street building the evening of the concert on May 6th, beginning at 6:30 p.m. and running until an hour after the concert is over.
We will also be providing shuttle bus service graduation morning from the 1140 Boylston Street building (boarding on Hemenway Street side), starting at 7:00 a.m. and running every 15 minutes until 10:30 a.m. Return trips start at 12:00 p.m., and run every 15 minutes until 2:00 p.m.
- Use public transportation: via the MBTA's Green Line, take the "E" car to the Symphony stop. Walk up Mass. Ave., away from Symphony Hall. Take a right onto St. Botolph Street; the arena is on the left. Via the Orange Line, go to the Massachusetts Avenue stop, exit to Mass. Ave., and take a left. The first left is St. Botolph Street and arena is directly on the left.
If you have any questions regarding this information please call the Student Affairs office (617) 747-2231.
Driving directions to Matthews Arena
For those who must drive, following are the driving directions.
- From the west (Massachusetts Turnpike): follow turnpike into tunnel and take Prudential exit; proceed westbound on Huntington Avenue through underpass and take left at lights onto Gainsborough Street. Gainsborough Garage (paid event parking) will be directly one block ahead and adjacent to the Arena.
- From the south and west (Route 128/95): take 128/95 to Route 93. Take Mass. Ave. exit and take right at lights onto Mass. Ave. Follow Mass. Ave. about two miles (seven sets of lights) to St. Botolph Street. Take left and the arena is directly on your left. Gainsborough Garage (paid event parking) will be directly one block ahead and adjacent to the Arena.
- From the north (Routes 93 and 95 across Tobin Bridge): take Storrow Drive exit and follow signs for Storrow Drive West. Take Fenway exit and proceed straight off exit ramp, following signs for Boylston Street Inbound (do not bear right). Continue on Boylston Street and take a right onto Mass. Ave. (third set of lights). Proceed down Mass. Ave. and take third right onto St. Botolph Street (second right past Symphony Hall). Arena is on your left. Gainsborough Garage (paid event parking) will be directly one block ahead and adjacent to the Arena.