Explore Career Resources
The Career Development Center (CDC) offers services that go well beyond advising, including a number of resources—references, online databases, books, magazines, handouts, videos, and computer workstations—to help you with your career exploration and research.
- Berklee Career Manager: internships, jobs, gigs, events, resources, and career mentoring from alumni
- Online Directories: music contests, contacts, venues, guides, and more
- Resume and Cover Letter Resources: examples, templates, ideas, and samples
CDC Original Resources
- Career Planning Timeline— A year-by-year blueprint for all Berklee students for academic, career, and extracurricular planning (domestic and international).
- Essentials for Music Career Success— Top five tips from Peter Spellman, director of the CDC.
- Mapping Your Career— Start your journey by creating a career notebook, exploring what your education has to offer, expanding and nurturing your contacts network, and tapping into CDC resources.
- Job Search Strategy— How to spend your job search time, with tips and ideas to get you started and keep you on track.
- More than 150 free music industry and career-related handouts pulled from trade magazines and websites.
- An extensive lending library featuring titles on professional development, starting a small business, music licensing, band promotion and marketing, and much more.
- Information on competitions, festivals, seminars, grants, and scholarships.
- More than 30 music industry trade and consumer periodicals and magazines.
- A collection of college and graduate school catalogs as well as test preparation materials (GRE, LSAT, etc.).
- Our reference library includes all the best annual industry directories related to specific areas such as radio, venues, video game companies, print media, and television, as well as others for particular music styles such as classical, jazz, country, folk, and Latin.
CDC iMac Lounge
When writing letters, editing your resume, or designing a flyer for your band, the CDC is the perfect place to prepare the materials you need for your job search and career advancement.
- Six iMac computer workstations with internet access
- Laser printer and photocopier/scanner (maximum of 10 pages per person)