LinkedIn is the world’s top social media destination for career professionals, and there are a variety of ways that this powerful resource can help inform your job search.
To get an overview, visit students.linkedin.com.
You may wish to use LinkedIn to:
- find Berklee alumni working in your field and request an informational interview with them;
- research organizations of interest to you to learn more about them, their current employees, and the positions that may be available;
- create a professional online presence for yourself on a social network where many people in your field are likely to see it;
- build your professional network by connecting and/or staying connected to those you are interested in; people you meet at conferences, workshops, and other events; and friends, colleagues, and alumni;
- join LinkedIn groups focused on your field and/or areas of interest; and
- explore LinkedIn’s Student Job Hunting Handbook Series, which features insights on how to launch your career, how to use LinkedIn in your job search, interviewing tips, and more.