- 14 years as an international educator at Hampshire College in Amherst, MA. Director of the Global Education Office for 10 years. Supported both students studying abroad and international students coming to the United States.
- NAFSA Academy Coach for young professionals in the field of International Education (2017, 2018) and member of NAFSA’s Trainer Corps.
- 10 + years as secondary school French teacher in both public and international school settings
- Lived in Milan Italy, 2001-2005
- Led multiple high school groups to France through the Experiment in International Living
- Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Italian
Fulbright Scholar International Education Administrators Award to India (2016)
- M.A. in International Education from the School for International Training in Brattleboro, VT
- M.A in Curriculum and Teaching from Fairfield University in Fairfield, CT
"I believe in a student-centered approach to learning where the student is the driver of their learning. I also believe in the transformative power of experiential learning and study abroad that comes from pushing ourselves out of our comfort zone by challenging ourselves to experience different perspectives. Immersing oneself in a culture different from one’s own and learning another language enables students to open their minds to new perspectives and that allows for a deeper understanding and connection. I often tell my students that living and studying abroad is one of the most challenging, rewarding, and transformative experiences that they may encounter in their undergraduate college experience. It is also a wonderful opportunity for deepening our creative and musical endeavors as music is a unifying and universal language through which we can connect and communicate with those who we may not have otherwise had the opportunity to do so. To be an integral part of this experience—to help guide students through these challenges—is both rewarding and a privilege for me.