Getting Your Diploma

If you were approved to graduate this May (spring 2014 semester), your diploma will be mailed in approximately 6 – 8 weeks to the address you provided on the Application for Graduation form. For those students who walked in the May ceremony, but are planning to graduate in August (summer 2014 semester) or December (fall 2014 semester), you are not considered a graduate until you finish your remaining requirements. At that time, you can expect to receive your diploma approximately 6 – 8 weeks after the semester ends, provided all academic and financial requirements have been met.

Diplomas will include your name, degree, and any honors received.  The Office of the Registrar will order your diploma using the name entered in the database when you were admitted to Berklee, unless you have indicated differently on the Application for Graduation form.  Since all diplomas will be mailed, please be sure the permanent address on file with the Registrar’s Office is correct.  Some Frequently Asked Questions about Diplomas

What could keep me from receiving my diploma on schedule?

  • Incomplete, late, or missing Application for Graduation
  • Missing grades or incomplete classes
  • Library hold: Contact 617 747-2258*
  • Bursar hold: Contact 617 747-2160/2165*
  • Perkins or other Financial Aid Hold. Contact 617 747-8681*

* When the hold on your account is resolved, notify the Office of the Registrar so you can be approved to proceed with the graduation process.

Can I get a duplicate diploma?

College policy allows us to provide each graduate with only one diploma. However, should your diploma be lost in a fire, flood, or to theft, you may request a replacement by supplying the police report or insurance claim to the graduation and curriculum specialist in the Office of the Registrar.

I am in an internship or study abroad program to complete my last credit requirements. Will I receive my diploma during the first or last semester that the internship overlaps?

You will be eligible to receive your diploma when final grades and credits are posted.

There is a mistake on my diploma. How can I get it fixed?

Please return the original diploma to the Office of the Registrar with a letter indicating the problem and the correction needed.

Will Berklee's diploma be valid in another country?

Check the country's regulations to see what they need to validate a diploma from Berklee. The country in question may need an apostille. Find out more about requesting an apostille.

I have finished one major and am now pursuing a dual degree. Will I receive two diplomas?

No. You must return your original diploma to the Office of the Registrar, and an updated dual diploma will be sent to you.

My employer, graduate school, etc. is asking for proof that I have graduated, but I have not yet received my diploma. What can I send in the meantime that proves I have graduated?

Two weeks after grades are posted during your last semester, contact the Office of the Registrar to have a verification of graduation letter mailed or faxed to you or the interested party.

Where are academic honors designated?

Honors are included on your degree certificate.

  • Summa Cum Laude: GPA 3.85-4.00
  • Magna Cum Laude: GPA 3.70-3.84
  • Cum Laude: GPA 3.50-3.69

If you have any questions regarding your diploma, contact Sarah Landry, Graduation and Curriculum Specialist (Office of the Registrar, 921 Boylston Street, Suite 120,, 617 747-2470).