Purchase a Laptop from Berklee
To purchase an Apple laptop through Berklee, respond accordingly in the “Next Steps” section of the Admissions portal after receiving your Berklee OnePass credentials.
In order to complete your course work at Berklee and gain an introduction to the technology used in today's music industry, you are required to purchase the Entering Student Software Package from Berklee. This is the case even if you already own some of the software included in the package, so please refrain from purchasing music software in anticipation of attending Berklee.
Please note that if you do not take action and sign up to have the college purchase a computer on your behalf, we cannot guarantee that inventory will be available at the beginning of the semester.
|Entering Student Software Package with Laptop and Audio Interface||$2,999.00|
Price does not include Massachusetts sales tax.
13-inch Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display
|Display||13-inch retina display|
|Processor||2.9 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5|
|Memory||16 GB of 1,866 MHz DDR3L onboard memory|
|Storage||512 GB PCIe-based flash storage|
Two Thunderbolt 2 ports (up to 20 Gbps)
Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
3.5 mm headphone jack
|Warranty||AppleCare Protection Plan|
The information above has been updated for the summer 2016 semester. Please note that technical specifications can change without notice. For the most current MacBook Pro specifications, please contact the Student Computer Support Center.
Recommended Computer Accessories
These accessories can be purchased directly from Apple:
PreSonus AudioBox iTwo
- Bus-powered USB 2.0/iPad audio interface
- 24-bit resolution; 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
Inputs and Outputs
- Two microphone inputs with low-noise, high-headroom, Class A mic preamplifiers and +48V phantom power
- Two switchable line/instrument inputs
- Two balanced ¼” TRS main line-level outputs
- 1x1 MIDI In/Out
- Stereo headphone output with independent level control
- Check in, settle any remaining financial obligations, and get your Berklee ID card.
- Pick up the laptop package (which includes the laptop, a PreSonus AudioBox iTwo audio interface, and the iLok USB key needed for ProTools) by visiting the Student Computer Support Center on the lower level of 180/186 Massachusetts Avenue. Note that wait lines can occur early on. If you experience a long line, you may be asked to come back at a later time.
- All software is distributed electronically. You will receive an email with instructions on how to download and install your applications.