Scientific and Organizing Committees
Scientific Committee, IAMM 2020 Conference
Vera Brandes, M.Sc., Director, Research Program, Music-Medicine at Paracelsus Medical University, Salzburg, Austria
- Erik Baumann, MMT, Music Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, Lima, Peru
- Bussakorn Binson, Ph.D., Dean, Faculty Fine and Applied Arts, Chulalongkorn University; Director of FAA, Emili Sagol Research and Innovation for Wellbeing Center, Bangkok, Thailand
- Penny Bril, Founder, MUSACOR.com (Musicians as a Community Resource); Violist, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Lyz Cooper, M.A., M.Sc., FICNM, FRSPH, Principal, The British Academy of Sound Therapy; Director and Cofounder, Therapeutic Sound Association (TSA), Pulborough, England
- Josep Planas, M.D., Associate Professor, Medicine of the Autonomous University, Barcelona; Head of Section Emeritus, Palliative Care Unit, Hospital del Mar; President Emeritus, Catalan-Balearic Society of Palliative Care, Barcelona, Spain
- Ellen Gentle, Ph.D., Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist, Music Neuropsychologist, Melbourne, Australia
- Maria Montserrat Gimeno, Ed.D., LCAT, MT-BC, Fellow and Primary Trainer, Association for Music and Imagery; Associate Professor Emerita, Music Therapy Graduate Coordinator, State University of New York
- Wendy Magee, Ph.D., Professor, Music Therapy Program; Coordinator, Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy, Temple University, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Alison Rigby, M.S., M.A., MT-BC, Music Therapist, Good Vibrations, New Jersey, U.S.
- Helen Shoemark, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Music Therapy Program, Temple University, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Sumathy Sundar, Ph.D., Director, Center for Music Therapy Education and Research, Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Pondicherry, India
- Mohan Sundararaj, M.D., MPH, Physician, Music Therapist; Director, Public Health Programs, MPact Global Action, California, U.S.
- Patsy Tan, Ph.D., MT-BC, RMT, Researcher, Elder Conservatorium of Music, Faculty of Arts, The University of Adelaide; Music Therapist, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Conference Organizing Committee
Suzanne B. Hanser, Ed.D., MT-BC, Chair Emerita and Professor, Music Therapy Department, Berklee College of Music
- Joy Allen, Ph.D., MT-BC, Chair, Music Therapy Department, Berklee College of Music; Acting Director, Music and Health Institute, Berklee College of Music
- Douglas Brandoff, M.D., Physician Leader, Schwartz Center Rounds, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Attending, Palliative Care Clinic & Senior Physician, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Marcela Castillo-Rama, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Berklee College of Music
- Mark Fuller, MT-BC, N.M.T., Music Therapist, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Ron Hirschberg, M.D., Assistant Professor, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Harvard Medical School; Director, Consultation Physiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Brian Jantz, MT-BC, L.P.M.T., President-Elect, New England Region of the American Music Therapy Association; Assistant Professor, Music Therapy Department, Berklee College of Music; Music Therapist, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Psyche Loui, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Creativity and Creative Practice, Northeastern University
- Tanya Maggi, Dean of Community Engagement and Professional Studies, New England Conservatory
- Marisol S. Norris, PhD, MT-BC, Assistant Professor, Division of Expressive Therapies, Lesley University
- Phillip L. Pearl, M.D., President-Elect, Child Neurology Society Director of Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology, William G. Lennox Chair, Boston Children's Hospital; Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School
- Kim Perlak, D.M.A., Chair, Guitar Department, Berklee College of Music
- David Silbersweig, M.D., Chairman, Department of Psychiatry Codirector, Neuroscience Center, Brigham and Women's Hospital; Harvard Medical School Academic Dean; Stanley Cobb Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- Rebecca Strauss, Violist, Music Director, and Educator, Music for Healing and Social Justice Riverview Chamber Players
- Moisès Fernandez Via, Director, ARTS | LAB @ Med Campus, College of Fine Arts, Boston University; Boston Medical Center
- Lisa M. Wong, M.D., Assistant Codirector, Arts and Humanities Initiative, Harvard Medical School Past President, Longwood Symphony Orchestra
- Jennifer Zuk, Ph.D., C.F.-S.L.P., Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Laboratories of Cognitive Neuroscience, Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard Medical School; Clinical Fellow in Speech-Language Pathology, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital