Call for Papers
Submissions are now being accepted for papers, posters, workshops, and performances/demonstrations.
All submissions are due on or before September 30, 2019. Jump to how to submit your proposal.
We are looking for proposals that focus on one of the following areas:
- Clinical practice
- Theory and philosophy
- Education and training
Joint submissions representing multiple disciplines and continents are specifically encouraged. In particular, the International Association for Music and Medicine (IAMM) is seeking significant contributions to public and world health, including the following:
- Medical applications of music in all specialties
- Technological advances in music and medicine
- Contemporary and innovative music interventions to address major health issues, e.g., trauma, pain and stress management, addiction, and social isolation and depression
- Musical responses to multicultural issues and health disparities
- The role of music in health-supporting environments
- Music as a response to public crises
- Mechanisms underlying music interventions
Submissions for unpublished, original clinical work, theory, or research should describe the importance of the work to music and medicine (250 words maximum).
Posters will be displayed at allotted times during the conference to allow the author(s) to discuss their work with conference delegates.
Workshops that offer significant and original contributions to the conference and that are 90 minutes in length are welcomed.
These include the following:
- Intensive instruction on a specific approach related to music, medicine, or music therapy
- A set of integrated oral presentations on a specific topic related to music and medicine
- A major presentation with invited participants
Interactive experiences that engage conference delegates are particularly invited and include the following:
- Demonstrations of new apps and technologies
- Demonstrations of inventive methodologies
- Assessment devices, apps, or instruments
- Innovative musical performances that integrate music and medicine in a pioneering way
There are two steps to be considered for the conference:
- Begin by creating an account on the application platform Easychair. Create your account now.
- Once you account is verified, use this link to submit your proposal (use the "author" role): easychair.org/
The form requires you to provide the following:
- Names and contact information for all authors
- The paper's title
- An abstract (maximum 50 words)
- An uploaded PDF of your paper (including three–five references)
- At least three keywords
All submissions are due on or before September 30, 2019.
The official language of the conference is English, and all materials should be in English.
What Happens Next?
All paper and poster submissions will be reviewed anonymously by the scientific committee based on originality, importance, clarity, and scientific merit. The primary corresponding author will be notified by email of the committee’s decision by November 1, 2019, and is responsible for notifying any other authors.
Once a proposal is accepted, no changes of author(s) are allowed.
Papers, posters, workshops, demonstrations, and performances must be delivered at the conference in person by at least one of the authors, and all presenters are required to register for the conference by March 15, 2020.
For more information, please contact IAMMinfo@berklee.edu.