The college encourages students and staff to displace cars trips with walking, biking, and public transportation, and to avoid travelng when possible by telecommuting and using flex time.
- Public Transportation Subsidies - The college ecourages staff to take public transportation by offering subsidized pre-tax subway/bus passes.
- Bike Racks - Berklee encourage the entire community to bike, with bike racks in front of 150 Mass. Ave. and 1140 Boylston Street, and a secure bike parking pavilion behind the Berklee Performance Center planned for the fall of 2011.
- Transportaion Survey - The college's yearly transportation survey shows that most Berklee staff use public transportation.
- Flex Time - A condensed work week option is available to all employees at the discretion of their mangers.
- Telecommuting - A telecommuting option is also available.
- Car Sharing - Students, faculty, and staff can join Zipcar at a discounted rate of only $25 a year.