How much does the Percussion Festival cost?
June 16–20, 2014
How much are the tuition and fees?
- Tuition: $1,175
- Housing: $765
- Application Fee (nonrefundable): $50
Are there scholarships available?
If you are interested in being considered for a partial tuition scholarship, you must submit video web-links of your performance abilities when you submit your online application to the program. The performances you submit for scholarship consideration should be representative of your best playing in the style you wish to study. We recommend that students record their video performances, post them online using YouTube, and include those URLs in their online application.
Please follow the performance guidelines below when preparing your video performances:
- Drum Set: A three-to-four-minute performance, either solo or accompanied (band or playalong), showing your greatest stylistic strength. Also include a performance of the following rudiments: single-stroke roll, double-stroke roll, and paradiddle. These should be performed from slow to fast to slow.
- Hand Percussion: A three-to-four-minute performance of a prepared piece (solo or accompanied) on your primary hand percussion instrument (Afro Cuban, Brazilian, West African, or Middle Eastern).
- Marimba: A three-to-four-minute performance of either one or two solo works for marimba. These can be either two- or four-mallet works.
- Total Percussion: A two-minute performance of a concert snare drum solo, a two-minute timpani solo, and a two-minute marimba/xylophone solo.
- Vibraphone: A three-to-four minute solo performance. This can be a written work or a standard tune that includes soloing and comping.
- Steelpan: A three-to-four minute solo performance. This can be a written work or a standard tune that includes soloing and comping.
As funds are limited, requests for scholarship consideration must be received by Berklee no later than April 7, 2014. Scholarship winners will be notified by email. Your scholarship decision email will be sent separately from your acceptance letter to the program.
We suggest that you submit your scholarship request materials early. No federal aid is available for this program. Only students currently enrolled in high school (secondary school) or graduating from high school in 2014 are eligible for scholarship consideration.
Payment: Accepted Students
If you have been notified of your acceptance, you can pay for your tuition deposit or the full program now using the following payment methods. The student ID number will be required, and can be found on the acceptance letter.
Credit Card or E-Check
Credit card or e-check payments can be made by clicking on the payment icons below or by calling 866 456-4952.
Include the student ID number with the check payment.
Berklee College of Music
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
Since payment received through "bill pay" will be in the form of a check, it will take approximately one to two weeks before payment is received by the college, depending on location and bank.
Domestic Wires: You must include a student name and Berklee student ID number.
International Wires: For all international wires, please use our new service peerTransfer.
|Domestic Wire||International Wire||Bill Pay|
|Pay to: Berklee College of Music
Account #: 00533-37159
ABA #: 0260-0959-3
Please reference your student ID#
|Go to berklee.peertransfer.com||Pay to: Berklee College of Music
Account #: Please reference your student ID#
|Bank of America
100 Federal Street
Boston, MA 02110
|Please do not send international wires directly to Berklee's account.||Berklee College of Music
1140 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02210
Having trouble making a payment?
If you have any questions concerning your bill or issues regarding payment, please contact the Office of the Bursar at email@example.com or by calling 800 Berklee (U.S. only); international callers dial 617 747-2165.