Wednesday through Saturday, the Berklee cafeteria transforms into a concert venue and music hall run by students, for students, and featuring musical performances of all styles. All Berklee students may apply to perform in a caf show.
To see more information about caf shows, including caf shows policies and how to apply to perform, please log in.
When to Apply
Applications open the first day of classes each semester. Caf shows are available Wednesdays through Saturdays excluding midterms, finals, and breaks. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and shows will be booked until all remaining dates full. Caf Shows are booked only during the current semester. Applications for upcoming semesters will not be accepted.
How to Apply
- Submit your caf show application online.
- The caf shows application will require submission of a link to a demo. Your demo link can include a website, SoundCloud, ReverbNation, Facebook band page, or any similar website that has at least three songs performed by you or your band.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted or processed.
- After reviewing your application and demo, you'll be contacted with an offer of a caf show date if you've been accepted.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee a caf show.
- Caf shows are awarded based on musical ability, complete applications, and past caf show success (if applicable).
- Staff members strive to create a concert schedule that includes a variety of genres, and offers equal opportunity to young talent as well as established acts.
- Caf shows are open to college-affiliated ensembles, groups, and organizations. At least half of an act must be composed of current Berklee students. Acts that are not composed, by at least a half, of current students are not eligible.
Caf Show Policies
Selected acts will be summoned to attend a mandatory meeting at the caf show office at least one week prior to their show to sign the caf shows contract, which will detail the concert procedure.
- Caf show performances take place from 10:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Performers must arrive with all equipment between 8:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. or risk cancellation.
- Doors will open for the audience at 9:50 p.m.
- Caf shows will supply a professional quality PA system with microphones, microphone stands, and cables. The caf shows PA system and console are operated solely by trained staff engineers.
- The caf shows office does not have amplifiers, instruments, or stands available. Performers must supply these.
- Performers may record their caf show, but performers must provide all recording equipment.
All members of a performing group must observe and respect all rules and regulations outlined in the caf shows contract, or the show may be canceled without notice.
All advertising materials (posters, fliers, etc.) must be approved by the caf shows manager prior to posting. All advertising must adhere to the college posting policies when advertising for a caf show.
939 Boylston Street, second floor
Located in the Student Activities Center, accessible through 921 Boylston Street, third floor
Monday to Friday: 12:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.