"I have always been fascinated about the endless possibilities that the voice has as an instrument. My experience in jazz, improvised music, classical music, and Latin American styles made me aware of the importance of vocal technique to create a versatile instrument that can easily switch from one style to another. I remember when I began improvising how frustrating it was not to be able to sing the melodic ideas and sounds I could hear in my head. A healthy and flexible instrument is crucial and will give you the freedom to make any artistic choices you want, without limiting yourself."
"I teach my voice students to be independent and to think as musicians. To be able to understand, perform, and write music with the skills of an instrumentalist. And that is why I include in my teaching improvisation, rhythmic training, songwriting, and ear training techniques as well."
"I love leading my students to the process of discovering their musical personality. To train their voice to be the instrument of their own imagination."
- M.M., Jazz Performance, New England Conservatory
- B.M., Classical Performance, National Conservatory of Music
- Bs As, Argentina
- Argentine vocalist, composer and arranger
- Extensive performance experience in jazz, Latin American, and contemporary music
- Performances and collaborations with internationally acclaimed groups and musicians, such as the Maria Schneider Jazz Orchestra, John Zorn, Bobby McFerrin, Guillermo Klein, La Bomba de Tiempo, Avantango, Frank London, Folklore Urbano, Pavel Urkiza (Gema y Pavel), Pedrito Martinez, Nando Michelin, Lucia Pulido, Samuel Torres, Russ Ferrante, Ljova Zhurbin, and Paola Prestini
- Vocalist on Grammy-nominated "Aurea," with pianist and composer Geoffrey Keezer (Artist Share, 2009)
- Winner of a 2011 Independent Music Award for Sube Azul in the World Beat category
- Best Latin Jazz Vocalist of 2009 Award by the Latin Jazz Corner
- Featured on WGBH, NPR, and PRI
- Has toured Europe, Asia, and North and South America
- Venues and festivals include Carnegie Hall, the Blue Note, Village Vanguard, Lincoln Center, Kennedy Center, Chicago World Music Festival, Montreal Jazz Festival, Festival de Jazz de Barcelona, Cité de la Musique in Paris, Teatro Manzoni (Italy), Unlimited Music (Austria), Beit Avi Chai (Israel), International Jazz and Modern Music Festival (Colombia), Festival Iberoamericano de las Artes (Puerto Rico), International Jazz en Lima Festival (Peru), and International Jazz Festival (Argentina).