"Berklee’s education is more diversified. It is an education to be a working musician. I’ve been at Berklee forever, and I can see the difference with friends that I play with who went to more conventional, classical colleges, and they’re very limited in what they can do. Jazz theory and arranging and all that, other places just don’t have it."
"I constantly tell students to improve their reading skills because that’s a big thing in the music business. A lot of my performances are reading music. I do others, too, where I don’t read, where I play memorized stuff, but the big things I do are reading. And I just try to encourage the students. You know, I worked with Aretha Franklin, and you don’t get to play with Aretha unless you can really read music."
- Trumpet, flugelhorn, alto flute, and flute player
- Prolific arranger of music ranging from classical to pop and jazz
- Vocalist for small and large ensembles
- Performances with the Ryles Jazz Orchestra at the Boston Globe Jazz Festival; with the Pops Orchestra in Xalapa, Mexico as guest conductor; and with the Thayer Symphony as featured soloist
- Appearances on the Bryant Gumble Show with Little Anthony and the Imperials and with Regis Philbin and Susan Lucci at Boston's Symphony Hall
- Regular guest artist with the Paradise Big Band in Key West, FL
- Performances with Aretha Franklin, Rosemary Clooney, Al Martino, Trini Lopez, Neil Sedaka, Della Reese, Leslie Gore, Wayne Newton, Gordon McRae, Lou Christie, Arturo Sandoval, Slide Hampton, Chick Corea, Jon Faddis, Gary Burton, Richie Cole, Buddy Morrow, Mark Levine, Jacki Byard, and Bobby Shew