"The Professional Education Division at Berklee College of Music includes five departments: music business/management, music education, music therapy, professional music, and the liberal arts. Our students are in all corners of the music industry as entrepreneurs, teachers, therapists, performers, managers, promoters, and more."
"Our unique curriculum in music and the liberal arts is something that we're proud of, and that we've been building. The professional instruction in music business, music education, and music therapy includes lots of real world experiences and prepares students for rewarding careers. In addition, the liberal arts have become an equal partner with the music instruction we offer—creating a connected and complete educational journey for students."
"What I absolutely love about this job is that I lead five diverse departments. I work with an impressive collection of faculty and staff who seriously care about the students. We support each other in a wonderful way, and together create experiences that make Berklee such a dynamic place. I've really enjoyed a rich career helping teachers and students, and I am fortunate to have the chance to keep providing opportunities to help support the next generation of artists."
- B.M., University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- M.M., Ph.D., Temple University
- Former associate dean for graduate studies and professor of education, Shenandoah Conservatory of Shenandoah University
- Coauthor of a Pre-K–8 music curriculum series including general music, band, orchestra, jazz, guitar, and piano
- Contributing author to The Choral Warm-Up Collection, Strategies for Teaching Middle-Level General Music, and Strategies for Teaching Elementary-Level General Music
- Directed the vocal jazz ensemble Shenandoah Singers
- Presenter at MENC national and regional conferences
- Presenter at several state music education conferences and public school districts
- Member, National Association for Music Education, Virginia Music Educators Association, International Association for Jazz Education, Pi Kappa Lambda Music Honor Society, American Association of Colleges and Universities Associate Program