Links and Resources
Here is a helpful list of links and resources to assist you in navigating through the confusing world of financial aid.
Sites to Complete Requirements for Federal Aid
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web
- Domestic students must fill out a FAFSA each year in order to be considered for financial aid for the upcoming school year. The FAFSA becomes available on January 1, and should be filled out and submitted to our office for review no later than March 1. For more information on the financial aid awarded through the FAFSA, please see our Types of Aid section on this website.
- Direct Loans Entrance Counseling Session
- All first-time borrowers of the Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans are required to fill out an electronic Entrance Counseling Session. This session is designed to educate students on the terms and policies regarding their loans.
- Direct Loans Exit Counseling Session
- Students who are graduating, withdrawing from the college, or enrolling for less than half-time (six credits) are required to complete an electronic Exit Counseling Session, regardless of whether or not they plan on returning to the college in the future. This session helps to educate students on the various repayment options available to them from Direct Loans.
- Direct Loans Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- All first-time borrowers of the Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans are required to fill out an electronic MPN. This is the actual loan contract and is a legally-binding document. Students sign the MPN using their FAFSA pin number. If a student has lost or does not remember their pin number, they may request a new or duplicate pin (recommended) online at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Direct Loan Servicing (Interactive Website)
- This site includes many features, including links to borrower account information, deferment and forbearance forms, and other Direct Loan tools.
- Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI)
- All first-time borrowers of the Perkins Loan are required to fill out an MPN and Entrance Counseling Session using this interactive website. Login information is emailed to all Perkins recipients at their my.berklee.net account. Additionally, a borrower may log into this site and view his or her Perkins Loan account, download deferment and forbearance documents, and access exit repayment schedules.
- Federal Student Aid Pin Website
- Request a new or duplicate pin number to sign electronic Master Promissory Notes. Please be aware that it may take up to three business days for a student or parent to receive a new pin number. If you already have a pin, we always recommend requesting a duplicate pin number to cut down on processing time.
General Financial Aid Information
- Student Aid on the Web
- The Department of Education's comprehensive financial aid website for students.
- SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid. Available free-of-charge.
- Department of Education
- Access to the Department of Education's main website online. Provides information on the department's offices, programs, assistance services, funding opportunities, and more.
- The Student Guide
- A comprehensive resource on financial aid published annually by the US Department of Education. The Student Guide provides information about all federal aid programs and how you can apply. Available in both English and Spanish.
- Funding Your Education
- A Department of Education guide on how to fund your education. Available in both English and Spanish.
- Federal Loan Consolidation
- Information on how to consolidate your federal loans to simply your repayment.
Free Private Scholarship Search Engines
- Free, comprehensive private scholarship search engine.
- The College Board's FundFinder
- Free search engine for scholarship, grant, and loan opportunities.
- The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts
- Grant and scholarship information for residents of Massachusetts.
- State Financial Aid Offices
- Links to information on Financial Aid Offices by state.