John Paul, Instructor
"For me, the first real memory of music’s spirit was when Mom gave me Alvin and the Chipmunks Sing the Beatles when I was 4. Up until that time, I thought I was going to be a garbage man because I thought it was cool how they could hang off the back of the truck. I remember making drum sets out of Nana’s coffee cans and an old orange hassock, playing to the Beatles, Glen Campbell, and all the sounds of the '60s and '70s. I got my first guitar and a Partridge Family album at 10 and learned to play every melody off the album in a week. By that time, I knew there was no turning back. I was teaching guitar in music stores at 13 and playing professionally every weekend at 14."
"I’ve always felt very fortunate to have the support of many talented and dedicated teachers in my life. I think that’s why helping students achieve their musical goals has always been a real passion for me. It’s always been important to me to find the heart of each student, and to inspire him or her through passion and respect for one another. I try to emphasize the development of strong communication skills in the classroom, not just technical skills. I feel this directly contributes to the students’ future success in the real world of professional music."
"Keeping my students interested, informed, and inspired is key. In turn, I expect students to contribute stylistically, to be organized, enthusiastic, and responsible. It is my hope that their experience with me helps to provide them with the necessary tools for a rich and spirited musical life after college. One of my favorite quotes is, 'You can’t create a career for someone without talent and you can’t stop a career for someone who has it.'"
- B.A in Music/Business, Keene State College
- Continued studies, Berklee College of Music
- Leader of The Monster Mash, Train Wreck (featuring Steve Hunt, Dave Dicenso, Dave Buda)
- Tours in Hawaii; Kansas City; Miami; Hong Kong; Manila; Los Angeles; Washington, DC
- Voted best guitarist in New Hampshire in 1987 by Rock 101-Daddy’s Junky Music
- Featured on Mark Varney’s “World’s Top Guitarists” Legato Records release
- Won the International Top 10 Guitarists spot in JAZZIZ Magazine
- Inducted into the New Hampshire Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Presented with the first Lifetime Achievement Award from the mayor of Nashua, New Hampshire, 2009
- Writer for national companies such as DreamWorks in Orlando, Florida; Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida; Studio 3; Charlie St. Cyr Paul; Timberland Boots; DeWolfe Real Estate; Public Service of New Hampshire; Merrimack Vision Center; Donahue Law Firm; and many regional radio station ads