150 Massachusetts Avenue, 171 Massachusetts Avenue, 25 Fordham Road, and 1108 Boylston Street
150 Massachusetts Avenue hours:
- 8:00 a.m. to 12:45 a.m., Monday through Friday
- 8:30 a.m. to 12:45 a.m., Saturday and Sunday
- Summer hours are 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. each weekday
171 Massachusetts Avenue hours:
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. weekdays
- 12:00 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. weekends
25 Fordham Road hours:
- 4:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. weekdays
- 12:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. weekends
1108 Boylston Street hours:
- 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. every day
All practice rooms are reserved exclusively for use by current Berklee students. It will be assumed that any person who cannot produce a valid Berklee ID card is a not a Berklee student and does not have a right to use these facilities.
Piano performance majors may reserve time in specific practice rooms on a semesterly basis. To sign up for a reserved time, report to the Piano Department during check-in week. The 171 Massachusetts Avenue facility is reserved for currently enrolled piano principals only. Only approved Hammond users or those currently taking Hammond organ labs may use Hammond organ rooms. The 171 rooms include room 153 as well as room A17 at 1108 Boylston Street. Students must go to the 171 front desk to reserve these rooms.
The college is not responsible for instruments or other personal items left unattended in practice or rehearsal rooms.
Rules and procedures for practice room use:
- All special piano and percussion practice rooms are available to piano, percussion, and voice principals only.
- A valid Berklee ID card for the current semester must be given to the key clerk. No practice room will be assigned to a student without a valid ID card. Temporary IDs are not accepted for the use of these rooms.
- Use of these rooms is limited to a maximum of two hours at 150 and 171 and two hours fifteen minutes at 25 Fordham Road. The key must be turned in at the end of the practice session. If the key is lost, the student will be charged a fine. Renewals may be permitted if no one is waiting.
- Personal equipment may not be left in the practice rooms.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Berklee buildings.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in these rooms.
- Students are not allowed to cover the windows of the practice room doors. The windows must remain clear in
order to allow security to monitor room usage.
- Students should respect others by not marring the walls with graffiti or offensive language.
- Intentional damage to pianos or practice rooms may be cause for suspension or dismissal from the college.