150 Massachusetts Avenue, 171 Massachusetts Avenue, 25 Fordham Road
The practice rooms at 150 Massachusetts Avenue are available from 8:00 a.m. to midnight, Friday and Saturday, and 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 a.m., Sunday to Thursday. Summer hours are 8:00 a.m. to midnight each day. 171 Massachusetts Avenue hours are 9:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. weekdays and 12:00 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. weekends. Hours at 25 Fordham Road are 4:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. weekdays and 12:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. weekends.
All practice rooms are reserved exclusively for use by current Berklee students. It will be assumed that any person who cannot produce a valid Berklee ID card is a non-Berklee student with no right to use these facilities.
Piano performance majors may reserve time in specific practice rooms on a semesterly basis. To sign up for a reserved time, report to the Piano Department during check-in week. 171 Mass. Ave. is reserved for currently enrolled piano prinicpals only. Those currently taking Hammond organ labs or approved Hammond users only may use Hammond organ rooms. 171 rooms include room 153. Students must go to the 171 front desk to reserve this room.
The college is not responsible for instruments or other personal items left unattended in practice or rehearsal rooms.
Rules and Procedures for Practice Room Use
- All special piano and percussion practice rooms are available to piano, percussion, and voice principals only.
- A valid Berklee ID card for the current semester must be given to the key clerk. No practice room will be assigned to a student without a valid ID card. Temporary IDs are not accepted for the use of these rooms.
- Use of these rooms is limited to a maximum of two hours at 150 and 171 and two hours fifteen minutes at 25 Fordham Road. The key must be turned in at the end of the practice session. If the key is lost, the student will be charged a fine. Renewals may be permitted if no one is waiting.
- Personal equipment may not be left in the practice rooms.
- Smoking will not be allowed in any of the practice rooms.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in these rooms.
- Students are not allowed to cover the windows of the practice room doors. The windows must remain clear in
order to allow security to monitor room usage.
- Students should respect others by not marring the walls with graffiti or offensive language.
- Intentional damage to pianos or practice rooms may be cause for suspension or dismissal from the college.