Fusion: An Artistic Crossroads
Fusion: An Artistic Crossroads presents a combination of jazz, classical, and electronic music, video, and dance from the Professional Writing and Music Technology divisions. Featuring the music of composers Andrew List, Kari Juusela, Ted Pease, Maria Eugenia Leon, Sarah Eide, and Juan Carlos Enriquez performed by the Kalistos Chamber Orchestra, Francisco Noya guest conductor.
LISTEN to the second movement of Andrew List's Violin Concerto.
Special guest artists:
- Daniel Ian Smith, saxophone
- Tim Ray, piano
- Keala Kaumeheiwa, bass
- Peter Zazofsky, violin
- Neara Russell, soprano
- Kari Juusela, cello
- Felice Pomeranz, harp
- Tom Hojnacki, keyboards
- Carla Martinez, choreographer and dancer
- Michelle Hyunji Kim, dancer
- Ariana Corradi, dancer
- Kari Juusela: A new work for electric/computerized cello and voice featuring Berklee alumna Neera Russell, soprano.
- Andrew List: Violin concerto featuring the celebrated violinist Peter Zazofsky (from B.U. and the Muir Quartet) with Felice Pomeranz, harp, and four Berklee student percussionists.
- Ted Pease: A work for jazz trio and string orchestra featuring Daniel Ian Smith, sax; Tim Ray, piano; and Keala Kaumeheiwa, bass.
- Juan Carlos Enriquez: Elegy for string orchestra choreographed and danced by Carla Martinez with two other dancers.
- Sarah Eide: Original music written to accompany a live video/film.
- Maria Eugenia Leon: A lively work with a Spanish flair.