Berklee YouTube Hack Day
Saturday / March 30, 2013 / 10:00 a.m.
Berklee Performance Center
136 Massachusetts Avenue
For full information, see the Berklee YouTube Hack Day section.
Berklee and YouTube have come together to provide an exclusive opportunity for Berklee students. A team of innovative and successful alumni and industry experts will teach students exactly what they need to know to produce high-quality, compelling content, then set them loose to do just that over the next 21 hours. On day two, the team of experts will provide feedback for selected submissions, and all of the videos will be promoted on a dedicated YouTube playlist.
The top minds in content creation and dissemination will be on campus:
- Ryan Nugent is lead strategist for partner development at YouTube Next Lab and oversees the YouTube Creator Playbook, a valuable resource that compiles important tips, best practices, and strategies to help creators build their YouTube audiences;
- Alumnus Nils Gums, CEO and president of both the Complex Group—whose artists include the YouTube smash alumni duo Karmin—and RAWsession, an artist development tool for breaking artists;
- Alumnus AJ Rafael, a recording artist and YouTube sensation whose own videos are nearing the 100,000,000-view mark;
- Ben Meyers, current student, professional videographer, and recording artist with pop band Me vs. Gravity;
- Charlie Puth, current student and recording artist with more than 40 million YouTube views.
Free (open to Berklee students only)