Monday / October 5, 2009 / 7:00 p.m.
Berklee Performance Center
Mentoring Tomorrow's Entrepreneurs: A panel discussion with some of hip-hop/urban music's top executives discussing their own career paths and methods for shaping industry success and creating new leadership and paradigms.
The panel follows a special performance by Raydar Ellis's Hip-Hop and J. Dilla Ensemble students, featuring Dawaun Parker '04. Panelists include:
- Carlos "Tone Capone" Acosta and Shanti Das, Universal/Motown executive vice president
- James "Big Hawk" Hawkins, vice president of West Coast marketing from the Source
- Mike Trammel '96 of High School Jamz, former EMI, BMG, Jive, and PolyGram Urban marketing executive
- Prince Charles Alexander, multi-Grammy winner and Berklee Music Production and Engineering professor, formerly of Bad Boy and Virgin Records
- Dawaun Parker '04 of Aftermath (Dr. Dre's label)
There will be extensive opportunity for Q&A. Sponsored by the Office of the President, the Faculty Development Office, the Professional Education Division, and the Office of Cultural Diversity.