Horace Silver’s music spans a spectrum of jazz genres from hard bop to serene ballads. Some compositions have complex harmonic material and others "down home" chords content. This student ensemble will perform Silver’s pieces under the direction of faculty trumpeter Paul Fontaine.
The Click Five: Four of the five original members attended Berklee and participated in many other rock bands before coming together to form the Click, which later became the Click Five. While the Click Five may be “old souls,” there’s a brand-new member: 21-year-old singer/guitarist Kyle Patrick, who, like the rest of the band, attended Berklee. Their second album Modern Minds and Pastimes features the single “Jenny,” which meshes musical buoyancy with melancholy sentiment.
Beautiful Lies: Boston-based alternative pop-rock band with an eclectic sound and performance.
Student discount available at the Berklee Performance Center box office.
$15 adult general admission; student discount available at the Berklee Performance Center box office.
* Sign ups start at 7:30 p.m. on the cafe side
* Show starts promptly at 8:00 p.m. and ends at 11:00 p.m.
* 20 slots available
* First-come, first-served and first to play
* Performance slots are open to the public as well as the Berklee community
* 10-minute/2-song max
* Unplugged sets only (no drums; light percussion is okay)
* Piano & mics provided
* All styles welcome
* Free admission, limited capacity