The Berklee World Jazz Nonet is a groundbreaking world jazz ensemble that employs instruments and grooves from many corners of the planet, in the service of creating great, improvised music.
It is also an intensive, rigorous course at Berklee College of Music, team-taught by pianist Alain Mallet (Paul Simon, Paquito D'Rivera, Madeleine Peyroux, Phil Woods) and percussionist Jamey Haddad (James Taylor, Paul Simon, Yo Yo Ma, Paul Winter).
The members of the group come to the band from Canada, Greece, India, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Palestine, Puerto Rico, and the mainland U.S.
Berklee World Jazz Nonet
- Ali Amr - qanun (similarities to Celtic harp and hammered dulcimer)
- Grace Kelly - saxophones
- Marcos Lopez - timbales, congas
- Joseph Manzoli - electric guitar
- Jonathan Nellen - tablas
- Takeshi Ohbayashi - piano
- Diego Joaquin Ramírez - drum set
- Marina Satti - voice
- Noam Wiesenberg - acoustic bass
- Alain Mallet - director and road manager