Payment Options

We want to make the settlement of your bill at Berklee as uncomplicated as possible. It may be helpful for you to review the Frequently Asked Questions about Payment Options in order to determine what additional information you may require regarding the financial aspects of your Berklee education.

Payment Policies

All tuition costs and related fees must be settled in full by the due date on your tuition statement in order to avoid delays in registration for courses. If you fail to make the due date, payment should be made in person at the start of the semester. Delays will still occur, but payments mailed to the college after the appropriate due date result in greater delays in processing.

Class schedules may not be claimed, and no classes may be added, until all financial obligations to the college have been settled.

Methods of Payment

While Berklee accepts a variety of payment methods, all payments must be in U.S. currency. The following list offers information regarding most methods of payment; Financial Aid, Direct Stafford Loans, and Berklee Scholarships information may be found elsewhere on this website. If necessary, payments may be sent via Express Mail.

Veterans Administration Benefits

Veterans who served more than six months of active duty, individuals who are orphans because their parents died in military service for the United States, or certain individuals whose parents died of service-related disability, may be entitled to monthly educational benefits from the government.

Eligibility information can be obtained by contacting your local Veterans Administration Office. Should you qualify, the veterans' counselor in the Office of Financial Aid will coordinate your benefits and is also available to you for general information.

Withdrawal/Leave of Absence

If you wish to withdraw from the college, you must contact the Counseling Center to complete a withdrawal form.

If you withdraw before the end of the fourth week in either the fall or spring semester, or before the end of the third week during the 12-week summer term, you are entitled to a tuition credit. At the time of your withdrawal, we will notify you of the exact amount of your credit.

If you are a student receiving Title IV federal financial aid and you withdraw before the end of the eighth week of the fall or spring semester, or before the end of the sixth week during the 12-week summer term, then you may be entitled to a partial refund of tuition and housing charges.

If you need further information please contact the Office of Financial Aid.

Refund Policy

If you are owed money for an overpayment of your bill, then we will issue you a refund during the fourth week of classes, after your schedule is finalized and all data is verified and entered into the computer system.

Refunds are not issued for overpayments of anticipated funds or instances in which the college has advanced credit pending actual payment of expenses.

After the fourth week of classes, we will issue refunds once a week for all students who have become eligible since the prior processing of refunds. Checks will be ready for pick-up after 3:30 p.m.on Fridays.

It is important to note that your form of payment may affect the manner in which we issue your refund.

  • If your payment was made via check, then we will issue you a refund check.
  • If your payment was made via credit card, then we will credit your credit card account in the refund amount.
  • If your payment includes Federal PELL Grants, Federal SEOG, Federal Perkins Loans, or other Federal Direct Loans which have resulted in a credit balance on your statement, then you must formally register with the college, sign the required documents in accordance with federal regulations, and wait until the requested funds are received by the college from the federal government or a bank before we will process your refund.

If you need further information please contact the Office of Financial Aid.