Your 15-minute interview with an admissions representative will discuss your goals and aspirations, and what you will bring to Berklee. The board of admissions encourages applicants to share their creative work.
To help you prepare for an in-depth discussion, please consider the following questions in preparation for your interview:
- What is your practice routine?
- What are the qualities of a successful musician?
- What are your musical strengths?
- What is your favorite part of being a musician?
- Why go to Berklee?
- What career opportunities would you like to take advantage of in the music industry?
- What benefits do music theory and instrumental training have in your chosen field of interest?
- What inspired you to pursue a career in music?
- What has been your most significant achievement so far? What motivates you?
- One of the biggest challenges for entering students is time management. How do you currently balance school, music, and other activities?
- What has been the biggest challenge in your musical learning and growth? How have you overcome it?
- What would you like a press release to say about you as a person? About you as a musician?
- In what ways do you feel your talents will enhance the quality of life and music in the Berklee community?
- How have your life experiences influenced your musical development?
Instead of bringing supplemental material to your interview, please provide a link to YouTube, MySpace, or a personal website when you submit your application.