Buy a Laptop Through Berklee
You have the option to purchase an Apple laptop through Berklee. There is only one model available (see below). After you are accepted to the college, your student account will reflect a full laptop package charge by default. This package costs $2,925.00 (plus Massachusetts sales tax) and includes the software package required of all entering students, which includes Finale, SmartMusic Studio, ProTools, Microsoft Office, Reason, Digital Performer, and Filemaker Pro.
For the fall 2014 semester, the laptop specifications are: a 13-inch Apple MacBook Pro with retina display, 2.8 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 16 GB RAM, and 512 GB flash storage. The package includes the AppleCare Protection Plan.
To purchase a laptop through Berklee:
- Respond accordingly in the “Next Steps” section of the Admissions Portal at apply.berklee.edu, or
- Contact the Student Computer Support Center by emailing email@example.com or by calling 617 747-8800.
When you arrive at Berklee:
- Check-in, settle any remaining financial obligations, and get your Berklee ID card.
- Pick up the laptop package (which includes the laptop, a Line 6 UX2 audio interface, and the iLok USB key that is needed for ProTools) by visiting the Student Computer Support Center on the lower level of 180/186 Massachusetts Avenue. Note that wait lines can occur early on. If you experience a long line, you may be asked to come back at a later time.
- All software is distributed electronically. You will receive an email with instructions on how to download and install the applications.